The Ministry of Transportation in Northeastern Region requested TSH to perform structural inspections of several bridges
The Ministry of Transportation in Northeastern Region requested TSH to perform structural inspections of 5 deck truss bridges in northeaster Ontario following the collapse of the deck truss bridge in Minneapolis, USA. Ontario’s bridge inspections were completed within 48 hours and findings reported to the MTO Project Manager. The specific bridges were:
- Site 38S-012, Mississagi River Bridge on Highway 129
- Site 42-079/1, South Muskoka River Bridge NBL on Highway 11
- Site 39W-053, Missinaibi River Bridge on Highway 11
- Site 46-161, Spanish River Bridge on Highway 6
- Site 39E-078, Driftwood River Bridge on Highway 11
The rapid response of TSH permitted the Transportation Minister to have up to date information on the province’s deck truss bridge safety, which could be shared with the public.
TSH has built a long standing relationship with the Ministry of Transportation in Northeastern Ontario, and was already inspecting 750 bridges and culvert structures for them.